Monday, March 16, 2009

About the Foundation

“Lita’s Gift” was inspired and founded by my sister Alicia. Her gift to me was a fund-raiser to help with my expenses and now has become a gift the both of us want to put out there and begin helping others financially who are going through a cancer crisis. Because of her amazing heart and with the help of family, friends, and so many others we were able to make a rather large dent in the building pile of my medical expenses. My sister has inspired both of us to avidly work towards building this foundation as a gift to those who are in need of help with medical expenses. There are wonderful organizations out there working on the cure for cancer, which is amazing. However there is still the problem that exist today and that is the stress of bills, costly wigs and prescriptions. I know how much it meant and how much stress was relieved after being handed even enough money to pay off one of my bills. I was then able to focus on my own recovery from surgeries, treatments, and not the stress of the mounting bills. My sister grew up with the childhood nickname “Lita”, which inspired the name of the foundation. Lita's amazing heart brings tears to my eyes as I think about the blessing she gave to me as her goal was to hand me enough money so I could even take just one day off from work to relax and catch up on much needed sleep. She is such a strength to me and I look up to her so much. Follow us on our journey to bring “Lita’s Gift” forth and help those in need, just as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Louise Bishop © All Rights Reserved.